Announcement has came from Ubisoft that they are all set with a fully fledged expansion pack for their city simulator cum strategy game, Anno 2070, titled Deep Ocean. Anno 2070 Deep Ocean sees the addition of an all new faction called the Techs.
Thanks to the new Genius population class, the Techs are capable of expanding further into the depths of the ocean. With this pack, the player can build a Geothermal Power Plant which allows him or her to construct massive production facilities below the sea, with the goal of securing limitless energy.
Energy transmitters allow for the transportation of energy between islands, and players can build an impressive new Tech Monument together with new buildings and decorations to make cities even more beautiful. In addition to all this new technology, Anno 2070 Deep Ocean adds 150 new quests, natural disasters, and co-op features.
Exclusive to the PC, Anno 2070 Deep Ocean will be available on October 4 for $29.99. Reviews for Anno 2070 have been primarily positive since the game’s release, with a majority of critics considering it an improvement in the Anno series.
The first DLC packs were announced on 13 February 2012. They are as follows.
- The Keeper Package – S.A.A.T. version of Former technology tool with unique skin as well as access to high-end upgrades.
- The Development Package – Two exclusive bonus missions on the history of Former technology and a new portrait of the inventor Josh “the Ghost” Steen.
- The Eden Series Package – Elaborate decorations for the Eco faction, like new Park Systems layouts, Flower Beds, Fountain.etc.
Three DLC packs were added on 26 March 2012; these with a Tycoon theme in contrast to the previous Eco-themed DLCs.
- The Central Statistical Package – Global Trust skinned version of the Statistics Center building and all its upgrades.
- The Crisis Response Package – Two exclusive missions focused on restoring the Tycoon’s former economic glory after a stock market crash.
- The Distrust Series Package – Ornamental, decorative buildings for the Tycoon faction, including underground Shopping Malls, Searchlights, Security Fences, etc.
Three DLC packs were added with the new World Event, the Nordamark Conflict.
- The E.V.E. Package – Give a new portrait of EVE in red theme.
- The Silent Running Package – Give players access to a nuclear submarine Erebos, and its various upgrades.
- The Nordamark Line Package – Various harbors ornamental buildings are added, including a lighthouse which can change the time of day to dawn, noon, dusk, and night.
Players can also gain achievement and rewards from just playing the game. Players can customize their Ark to fit personal preference, which only is for aesthetic, as well as gaining special rewards that affect gameplay. Resources and technology upgrades can be carried on Arks, and be used in another game in “Continuous Mode”.